With the greater ease of jailbreaking the iPod Touch, there has been an influx of those new to this whole “exciting” world I’d like to take some time out to make a few recommendations.
To start, I’d recommend the use of Cydia since it is the main installer on the 2.0/2.1 front.
*Most Apps are available on Cydia for 2.0.x/2.1
Now, in Cydia, you need to install the following.
- OpenSSH – Allows Access to System Files
(Background-running process, so no icon will appear on Springboard)
- BossPrefs – Toggle SSH and other Processes On and Off.
- Terminal – Terminal Client
These apps are just for enjoyment
- Safari Download Plug-in
(Background running process also. Download BossPrefs DL Control to toggle via BossPrefs)
- NES – NES Emulator
- gpSPhone – Gameboy Advanced Emulator
- Quake4iPhone – Quake Emulator
- MacMan – Pac Man type Game
- Buzzer – Music Quiz. Randomly Plays Tracks from your Library
- MxTube – Native YouTube Download Client
- PocketTouch – App to Control Mobile Music Player by Gestures
- dTunes – Allows Files Downloaded via Plugin; both Music and Videos
- Categories – Place Icons into Folders to Organize your Springboard
- AptBackUp – Backs Up Cydia App List and Reinstalls upon Restore in One Step
- Winterboard – Themes
Common Problem/Tips – 2.0.x/2.1
More info – Great Guide by Spoonforknife
This should get many of you along