My phone used to crash frequently, I would have to restore often and it wasn’t very responsive. Firmware 2.1 was recently released and it fixed a lot of the problems with 2.0. With 3.0, it’s time to add features as well as fix them. This article is about what still needs to be fixed and what needs to be added.
- Start up times – These things almost take 5 minutes to start up some times, they need to be able to start in 1 minute at the most!
- Stuck in the boot screen – Sometimes, you turn off your device and when you turn it back on, it’s stuck at that apple logo! You cannot do anything except restore which means losing all of your data, music, videos, Apps, etc.
- Copy and Paste – We know it’s not that hard Apple! We’ve seen third party developers do it, why can’t you?
- Podcasts – You should be able to download and subscribe to podcasts while you are not at your computer, if you are on a holiday, how are you supposed to get all of the latest episodes?
- Improved Springboard management – There needs to be a better way to manage your Applications instead of the annoying wiggle feature.
- Search – You should be able to search through your music library! You can do it on the iPod Classic, iPod Nano and even on the Remote App! Who can’t we search through the music on our iPhone/iPod Touch?
- 5 icon dock – This would be very nice, it’s the main reason I jailbreak my iPhone at the moment
- Themes – You should be able to customise the theme of the iPhone/iPod Touch. This is why a lot of people jailbreak. People like to personalise their things.
- More camera control – You should be able to zoom, focus, etc.
- Video – Why can’t you record videos? You can do it when it’s jailbroken!
- Push notifications – This was supposed to be in 2.1. Where is it?
- Respect the developers – Let them do a bit more, they are restricted by all of Apples rules
- Bluetooth – You should be able to use Bluetooth with your friends
- Sync over WiFi – When you walk into your house. your device gets updated automatically
- MMS – You can do this on most of the basic phones, why can’t the iPhone do it?
- iChat built in – Why not? We would have to use faulty third party IM Apps.
- Support for Nike + in the iPhone – It has Bluetooth, why can’t it support Nike +?
- Mobile Me should be free! – it’s not costing Apple much and it would be a great selling feature of the iPhone!
Most of these features should be pretty easy for Apple to implement into the next firmware, hopefully they release the next major update by the end of the year.