A favorite app of mine. Koi Pond v2.0 is a perfect example of the iPod Touch or iPhone’s capabilities and the great apps spawned from Apple’s SDK. This app turns your Touch or iPhone into a virtual aquarium. With an interactive environment, loads of features, and overall “Wow-Factor”, it really is a must buy.
“Clear your mind.
Imagine gazing into a pond of crystal clear water.
Picture bright, playful koi swimming through its shallow depths.
So close… Can you touch them?
You run your fingers across the cool surface of the pond.
Water ripples away from your touch.
The koi, disturbed, dart away.
Only to quickly forget and swim close to you once more…
Now imagine all this on your iPhone or iPod touch!
Koi Pond by The Blimp Pilots
- Touch Reactive
- Dynamic Water Simulation
- Virtual Fish
- Display Options
2.0 Enhancements and Features:
- Improved Water Simulation (Now with Refracting Koi!)
- Brighter Pond! (optional setting, ON by default)
- More Distinct Color Options!
- Less intrusive “i” button (It fades over time and will “wake” if you move your finger near it.)
- Feed Your Koi! (Shake to feed!)
- Finger Nibbling! (Hold your finger very still and see what happens…)
- 3d Sound! (Try Koi Pond through your headphones!)
- 4 Layer Ambient Soundtrack (Mix and match sound layers for just the right ambiance.)
- Volume Control Slider
- New Koi! (He’s a tancho kohaku!)
- Movable Lily Pads (Touch Drag to move.)
- Help Screen (Press the “?” button that appears in the lower left corner, this also fades over time like the “i” button)
New in this version 2.1 Enhancements and Features:
- Sharper Graphics
- Multi-Touch Water Ripples”
Description, iTunes Link
Devs:The Blimp Pilots
This unique application is one that never gets tiresome. It’s simple yet entertaining premise is one that makes it at the top of the list. At $.99, it truly is a bargain!
Now for some pics